Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Science Fun

I am challenging myself to a realistic goal.
Not too ambitious that I succumb to that feeling that I bit off more than I can chew.
But one that I feel is actually attainable.


Once a week, on Thursdays, I am going to execute a fun, hands on, science activity.  This isn't home schooling. This isn't lesson planning. This is just do something fun and make some memories while learning!


Who wants to join me?!!

You are going to need to do some prep work. But really, just add what you need to your weekly grocery list.

Here are some ideas to get you started, and I will blog each week after our Science day and let you know how it went.

Messy Fun!
Materials: 1 box corn starch, 1 can shaving cream


Blow up a Balloon!
Materials: Baking soda, vinegar, balloon, funnel, spoon, empty bottle



Melting Ice!
Materials:  variety of bowls, droppers or syringes, food coloring or liquid water color, variety of salt (table, rock, sea salt, kosher)




Swamp Sensory Tub!
Materials:  Gelatin, sugar free kool-aid for color, large container, pool noodle, plastic swamp creatures, water and a large tub.  (Really... I am cheap and lazy, so I'm sure I will just throw in toys that I have around the house.)


Suzie

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely in! I'm buying water beads (the gel-like beads you find in the floral department). Just add water to them- let them soak it up for a few- dump them into a container with measuring cups, scoops to learn about capacity. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas! We did volcanos and messy fun and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs